Current Employment Opportunities
The Fabric Workshop and Museum (FWM), an internationally-acclaimed contemporary art museum in Center City Philadelphia, seeks a Development Assistant with excellent organizational and time management skills. Reporting to the Artistic Director and the Head of Exhibitions & Publications, the Development Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support that includes the following duties:
· data entry, filing, and records maintenance
· gift processing, tracking, and acknowledgement letters
· assist with annual fund, donor mailings, and the fulfillment of complex grant proposals and reports for a
portfolio of foundation, government, and corporate constituents
· creating prospect reports and updating records
· complete supervised research projects for artist-in-residence and education grant materials
· provide logistical support for board meetings, exhibit openings, and special events
Essential Skills and Qualities:
· BA in Art History (preferred), English or another liberal arts degree
· Minimum one to two years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a museum and/or arts organization
· Computer literacy including Mac products; word processing, and spreadsheets, experience with mail-merges
and with customer or donor databases
· An effective communicator, both written and oral
· Detail oriented person with good organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize
· Self-motivated, comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
· Ability to interact diplomatically with a wide range of constituents, including donors, artists, educators, studio
staff, and museum administration
· Maturity, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
· Interest in contemporary art museums and non-profits preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
and write "Development Assistant
" in the subject line. Please note in cover letter if full-time or part-time position is desired. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Full-time employment includes benefits. EOE. No phone calls please.
Museum Shop Assistant / Gallery Guide
The Fabric Workshop and Museum is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Museum Shop Assistant / Gallery Guide. Reporting to the Founder & Artistic Director and the Museum Shop Manager, the Museum Shop Assistant is responsible for daily operations of all Museum Shop activities. The Museum Shop Assistant will open/close shop, perform end-of-day procedures and oversee daily retail operations that includes customer service, visual presentation, merchandising, and inventory control. Required to perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
The candidate will also share responsibilities for serving as a Gallery Guide. The Gallery Guide provides an important service to FWM by greeting visitors and providing general information about the museum and its programs as well as leading visitors through temporary exhibitions in the museum galleries and insuring the safety of the works of art. The position also requires that candidates assist with front desk administrative duties as needed.
Experience in a museum or high-end design shop setting, with extensive knowledge of modern and contemporary art strongly preferred. He/She must have superb customer service and sales skills, problem-solving skills, professionalism, and flexibility. Experience in retail and POS systems. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and preferably Quickbooks Point of Sale.
This is a Part-time position and includes evenings and weekends.
Salary based on qualifications and experience. EOE.
Please send cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Museum Shop Assistant / Gallery Guide Search